Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PA Educators Technology Conference 2009

I was at the PA Educational Technology Expo & Conference (PETE&C) earlier in the week. It was a great experience! I enjoyed talking with educators from K-12 and higher ed and enjoyed the extended discussion after my presentations on web 2.o, instructional design and games for learning.

Thanks to Jim Gates for co-presenting the web 2.0 session with me and thanks to Carrie Calloway from The EdVenture Group and Charles Palmer for their part in the "Games and Education: Wanna Play!" session.

Below are slideshares of the presentations and a case study video from the 2008 "Implementing Web 2.0 in the Classroom" course at Harrisburg University.





Unfortunately, I didn't get to many presentations while I was there. I spent most of my time finishing prep for my presentations, talking with attendees after presentations and visiting the vendor area.

Strolling through the vendor area was interesting. I saw a number of vendors with online learning options for K-12 and at the opposite end of the spectrum what seemed like a large number of electronic whiteboard vendors (10?). I'm anticipating in future years that the number of online learning vendors will increase and the number of electronic whiteboard vendors will decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment